The James L. Chapman Award for Excellence has been presented each year since 2013 at the Advanced Continuing Education Conference to the individual who has made the most significant contribution to the CVSA profession during the preceding year. To date five individuals have received this prestigious award, which is the highest honor bestowed by the NACVSA. Past recipients are:
- 2012 – Marigo Stathis (Independent Researcher, Baltimore, MD) for Scientific Research about the CVSA
- 2013 – Bob McCarty (Author, St, Louis, MO) for his years of research and publication of a book about the CVSA.
- 2014 – Chad Jeansonne (CVSA Examiner, Alexandria, LA) for his contributions to further research about the CVSA.
- 2015 – Jerry Crotty (CVSA Examiner, Manatee County, FL) for his innovative application of the CVSA during Crimes Against Children investigations.
- 2016 – Mike Defrancisco (CVSA Examiner, Columbus, OH) for his innovative use of the CVSA for Arson investigations.
If you know of anyone you believe is deserving of this prestigious award please contact the NACVSA or NITV Federal Services to submit a nomination (NOTE: This award cannot be presented to current employees or instructors of NITV Federal Services).